Collection: Lauren Hunter

Experiments Week 6

Details

Call sheet for the shoot

Details
Details
Details

my model (aka best friend) and I

Details
Details
Details
Details

Week 6: Photoshoot

My initial concept was to create an Edwardian inspired photo album out of photos that I would have taken on large format camera. I wanted to try this technique because I thought that it would be a perfect way to reflect Molly's technical abilities and the extraordinary amount of time and effort that is put into each one of her garments by using a similarly time consuming technique for my portfolio images. I rented a large format camera from the media store at LCF a week before I had planned my initial studio day in order to properly familiarize myself with the equipment before the day came to take the images themselves. I taught myself everything there is to know about shooting on 5x4 film, and was extremely confident that I wouldn’t encounter any issue along the way. I had initially planned on shooting on two separate studio days, shooting 5 models each day so the workload wouldn’t overwhelm me too much. To my dismay, the studio I had booked for the first day of shooting turned out to be extremely unprofessional and I felt very unsafe in that environment, forcing me to cancel all the models I had booked for that day and to find a replacement studio that same afternoon for the following Monday. Over the weekend, I scoured my contacts and begged my friends to come in and sit for me, a choice that I think ended up being beneficial to me especially because Molly frequently casts her own friends in her shoot, and always uses a very ethnically diverse group, which I made sure to do also. I shot 10 models that day with the help of my friends and made sure to take digital images just in case some terrible tragedy were to occur with the film.            

Unfortunately, the worst of my fears were realized when I received the images back from the developer and was informed that something had gone wrong in the development process so the images that I intended on using were unfit for use. I had to begin from scratch and completely reconceptualize. Fortunately, I had the digitals my friend had taken, and I ended up using those images as a baseline to create a set of illustrations using the same basic idea I had already had a place as a structure. 

Details
Details

Conquering Large Format

Details
Details

under the hood of the camera!

Details
Details
Details
Details

accidental double exposure

Details
Details

the clearest image that turned out

Details

Comments


    Add comment